Get a Card
Apply for a Library Card
Library Cards are available to:
- All property owners and residents of the Saline Area School District for free.
- Educators who work in the Saline Area School District are eligible for an Educator Card for a yearly fee of $15.
- School of Choice students who attend Saline Area Schools are eligible for a Student Card for a yearly fee of $25.
Those who not eligible for the above can get a Non-Resident Family Card for an annual fee of $150. If a library card is lost/stolen, it is important to report it right away. A replacement card will be assigned at no charge.
If you meet the requirements above and are at least 18 years old, click on the button below to apply for a library card. Once you have filled out the application, you will receive a temporary barcode number so that you can place holds on items. In order to complete the application process and check out items you must bring a valid form of residency verification (such as driver’s license, mortgage or lease, tax receipt, utility bill, etc.) to the library or email a copy to our Support Services Manager, Arlene Wall, at email@example.com. You will receive your library card with your full barcode number after your address is verified.
Renew a Library Card
Resident library cards need to be renewed every 2 years (yearly for all others). To do so, please bring a valid form of residency verification to the library or email a copy to our Support Services Manager, Arlene Wall, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All outstanding charges must be paid in full prior to library card renewal.
Pay Outstanding Charges Online
Saline District Library makes it easy to pay outstanding charges on your account online. We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover card payments. Any library account with outstanding charges of $25.00 or more will temporarily forfeit library borrowing privileges until the library items are returned and outstanding charges are paid.
| Borrowing Limit
| High Demand Books, Audiobooks, or Music CDs
| Per item type
| High Demand Books (Over 500 pages)
| Audiobooks & Kits
| Music CDs
| DVDs & Blu-Rays
| ETC Collection
| Mobile Hotspots
|no ($25 reset fee if late)
| Interlibrary Loan Items
| 28 (or as lending library requires)
*The maximum number of items charged to a single card at one time.
Note: Most items will automatically renew one time if they have not been requested by another patron. Please review your notices and online account for verification of renewal.
Library Accounts & Borrowing
- SDL does not charge late fees for overdue items. If an item is 7 days overdue, the library user will temporarily forfeit library borrowing privileges until the item is returned.
- The library user will be billed for a replacement cost 21 days after the item is overdue. This charge will be waived if the item is returned within 30 days of the billing date.
- Any library account with outstanding charges of $25.00 or more will temporarily forfeit library borrowing privileges until the library items are returned and outstanding charges are paid.
- All outstanding charges must be paid in full prior to library card renewal.
Library Card Password/PIN
You will need a password/PIN to access your library account online and to access some of our online resources. We recommend a number 4-8 digits long for ease of access across multiple resources. If you don’t already have a password or have forgotten yours, you can log in to your account and click on “Forgot your password?” to create or reset one.
Saline District Library patrons may place a request for an item in the library’s catalog using their library barcode number and password. Please be aware that “available” items may be checked out before staff is able to fill requests. Items will be returned to the shelf if not picked up in 7 days (10 days for MeL Interlibrary Loan items).
If you would like to have a record of all the items you check out maintained on your library account, log in to your account and go to the Reading History tab. Click on Change Preferences and check the box to begin maintaining a permanent reading list. Please note that library staff are unable to access your permanent reading list.